Saturday, August 18, 2012

Professional modeling height standards

Photo from jcasablancas.com

I was able to watch America's Next Top Model Cycle 3 Rewind where Eva Marcille Pigford was named the winner. She is 5 ft. 9 in. tall just like Yaya Da Costa who is the runner-up. By professional modeling standards, according to Tyra Banks, she is short. I was actually surprised when Tyra said that because for me 5'9" is already tall. I was thinking, if wanted to become a model, and I am only 5 ft. 4 in. tall, am I considered as midget?

According to newmodels.com, modeling agencies and advertising companies that say they accept 'petite' models is a scam. When they say 'petite', it actually means women who has a height of 5'7" or 5'8". Although 'petite' women do get modeling jobs, they are unlikely to be cast in high fashion modeling because of their height. 

Another proof that sometimes, life is unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Fab Sites