Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Dresses for the Prom Season


It's almost Prom Season, teens and their parents are now starting to look for the perfect prom dress.

I remember my first prom many years ago. I was more of nervous than excited because I didn't know which dress to wear for the occasion and when you are fifteen and the internet is not readily available to search for ideas, you are clueless, unless you have a sister who's been in the same situation as you. My first prom dress was a simple black cocktail dress with short sleeves, no sparkly sequins or crystals, just a little black dress. Looking back, I looked terrible! The second time, I was a Senior, I made sure to level up. I wore a black dress again, but this time it has a sequined top and chiffon skirt. I looked better than when I was in Junior and I got to dance with my crush. I have two nieces and it's their time to go to the prom. They didn't ask for help because they already know what they are going to wear, the accessories to go with the dress and the hair and makeup to complete the ultimate prom look.

Trumpet/Mermaid Scoop Neck Sweep Train Tulle Silk-like Satin with Sashes / Ribbons Prom Dress

My younger niece is around 5'10" and on the curvier side and she likes to show them off but not showing a lot of skin because she studies in a Christian school. She told me she likes a long sleeve gown with intricate lace top with sweeping mermaid bottom.

Sheath/Column Scoop Neck Floor-length Chiffon Tulle with Split Front Prom Dress

Her older sister, on the other hand, likes a classic cut gown with little embellishments. She's tall, too, and a column dress would be perfect to accentuate her slim figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Fab Sites